Friday, June 4, 2010

Louis - Beastie Pirate - GameRes - Apr/May '10

This is a game res piece I've been working on. I needed more game res work on my portfolio. I knew I wanted to work from a concept that wasn't my own and I also wanted to play with some fur to see what i could come up with and do. I based this work off a piece by the concept artist Vinod Rams. The actual piece titled Louis can be found here -> Louis concept.

DETAILS:
-created using maya, zbrush, photoshop
-8526 faces (9824 with weapons)
-1 1024 24 bit color/8 bit spec/24 bit normal (main bulk)
-1 512 24 bit color/8 bit spec/24 bit normal (weapons)
-1 256 32 bit color/8 bit spec/24 bit normal (fur and bits w/ alpha)
-duration - 5 weeks (fur had to be redone a few times till i got it right)

here're the maya screengrabs. The first two are NOT RENDERS. They're just maya screengrabs with 3 lights.








----------------
-The images in this post are copyright of Adam Smith
----------------